Current Calls For Art
ARC of Savannah offers all Greater Savannah Area artists an opportunity to exhibit their work for sale at the 2015 Artists and Artisans Tour on June 25, 2015.
This show celebrates the magnificent historic residences and extraordinary artistic talents that, along with the food, wine, and people, make Savannah a great cultural center.
The show will take place in four of our historic homes and one garden. Artists will be selected by jury, a different panel than last year. So it will count as a juried show for your resume. We have an expanded venue so all artists are welcome to apply, even those who were in the 2014 show. Sales were good last year.
ARC Savannah is hoping to collaborate with you and our sponsor, the Downtown Neighborhood Association, in making art an essential part of the Savannah experience. We are also raising funds to further ARC's mission in Savannah. As part of that mission we will be producing a takeaway book to include each artist’s information, an image representing your work, and a photo of the artist.
● Juried Art Show, Artist and Artisans Tour of Homes.
● Date: Thursday, June 24, 2015
● Time: 6:00pm until 8:00pm
● The deadline for entries will be noon on Friday, May 1, 2015.
● Artists must be residents in the greater Savannah area.
● The presentation of all work should be professional and ready to hang.
● Entrants are asked to provide their own easels and pedestals or other display and
are limited to four works of art. We have some display materials available on
● During the show accepted artists are asked to set up their own work on
Wednesday, June 24th by 5:00 pm.
● Artists are asked to be present and remain with their work during the show, June
25th, to answer questions and provide information to the clients, and to remove all
unsold work at the close of the show (8:00 pm)
● We recommend some smaller work that can be carried away at the end time of the sale.
● ARC Savannah has a no discount policy for work sold at the show so work should be
priced at fair market value.
1) Selected Art is consigned for the specific time of the event.
2) Art selected should be as represented in samples and no substitutions should be made
without prior agreement.
3) Timely pick up and delivery of the art is the artist responsibility. 4) Sales are final and
paid to ARC Savannah.
5) 70% of each sale is a taxable amount
6) 30% of each sale is a tax exempt donation to ARC Savannah
7) Artist is aware that sales directly resulting from an ARC event on featured pieces should
accrue a 30% donation to ARC Savannah for 60 days after the event.
8) ARC Savannah will process all payments and Georgia sales taxes and send tax letters
and artist checks in a timely manner.
9) All 2d and 3d art is welcome. Media arts will be problematic in this venue.
10) Artists agree to ARC using their images in promoting this event and in the event
publication. We are willing to show your work to other venues with your permission.
To enter > email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Type of work
4) 4 JPEG images of work at 72dpi and approximately 640 pixels in the largest dimension.
5) A sentence accepting the terms of the ARC Savannah Artist Contract.
6) If Juried in to this show: A 100 word biography or statement, a photo of the artist and a photo of one representative piece at 300 dpi and 7” on the short side, and your website. This may be attached to the original submission if preferred.
There is no fee for ARC Savannah members. Artist membership is $20.00
Download a PDF of the Prospectus HERE