The Downtown Neighborhood Association is seeking candidates for election to the Board of Directors, along with Advisers to the Board and volunteers to serve on DNA Committees.
DNA has an all volunteer working board. Members who contribute to DNA as volunteers are given priority consideration for Board and Adviser positions.
DNA members interested in being considered for election to the Board, appointment as an adviser to the board, or volunteering for any of the areas outlined below are asked to contact the Chairman of the Nominating Committee, Hank Reed, by email at HMReed2@gmail or telephone 912-234-3374 before March 21st. Please include your area of interest and any relevant experience.
Please don’t hesitate to ask for more information or propose other areas of interest you would like to work in on behalf of DNA.
There are specific needs for volunteers in the following areas. If you are interested in learning more or volunteering, click here:
Holiday Tour of Homes Committee
- Docent Coordinator
- Tour Homes Coordinator
- Support Team Leader
- Publicity Coordinator (Print media)
- Greeters at monthly meetings
- Assistance with set-up at monthly meetings
- Assistance with events such as the Annual Meeting and Picnic
Art and Artisans Tour
- Event coordinator / volunteer positions
- Digital & Internet (including web and social media.)
- Print Newsletter
- Press, publicity and print media
- Graphic Design
- Program & Development (including Sponsorship)
- Public Safety
- Parking and Mobility
- Neighborhood Outreach (to other neighborhood organizations)
- Historic Preservation
- Economic Impact (of local policies and proposals)
- DNA History and Archives (new function – Historian needed!)
Thank you for your continued support of the Downtown Neighborhood Association. I hope you will consider getting involved.
Chair, 2016-17 Nominating Committee
Downtown Neighborhood Association of Savannah