Downtown Neighborhood Association to Host Chief Lumpkin for Public Safety Forum Today
The Downtown Neighborhood Association of Savannah (DNA) will host a public safety forum today.
Today, Wednesday, March 23
5:30 p.m. DNA Social Hour (Coastal Georgia Center Lobby)
6:15 p.m. Public Safety Forum (Coastal Georgia Center Auditorium)
Coastal Georgia Center located at 305 Fahm Street
Free for current DNA Members, $5 for non-members wishing to partake in the catered happy hour at 5:30 p.m.
WHO: Confirmed Attendees
SCMPD Chief of Police, Joseph Lumpkin
SCAD Director of Public Safety & Security, John Buckovich
SCMPD Command Staff and Officers:
Patrol Commander, Capt. Ben Herron
Interim Downtown Precinct Commander, Lt. Mike Wilson
Downtown Precinct, Lt. David Owens
Downtown Crime Prevention Officer, Apo. Samantha Stephens
Tourism Oriented Policing, Cpl. Janessa Stalter
Tourism Oriented Policing, Ofc. Meg Whitfield
Tourism Oriented Policing, Ofc. Joshua Holz
Homeless Outreach Officer, Ptl Ashley Wood
Homeless Outreach Officer, Sgt. Shoop
Some of the topics to be discussed:
- Small package and front door security
- Tourism Oriented Policing
- Home cameras and how they are useful in stopping and solving crime
- SCAD and the police interaction levels for the coming year
- Bicycle and skateboard patrol in the parks and squares (including Forsyth Park)
- Increasing the light levels in all squares to that of Monterey square level to decrease potential crime
- Bicycle, segway and foot patrols
- Aggressive panhandling
- Homeless problems as it effects our neighborhood
- RAIDS online / interactive crime mapping
DNA Members are strongly encouraged to arrive early and meet our guests and ask questions during the social time. There will be a very limited Q&A at the conclusion of our meeting due to the large lineup of speakers and time constraints. City of Savannah and MPC officials will be in the lobby area to answer questions concerning the recent parking study results.
To renew your membership or join DNA visitSavannahDNA.orgor email email@example.com information. There is a $5 fee for non-members wishing to partake in the catered happy hour that begins at 5:30 p.m. The program will begin at 6:15 p.m.